Lobster Mac & Cheese
April 12, 2019
Macaroni and cheese is already a favorite classic in Vincent Country. Sometimes I have to shake it up a bit, and boy was this one a smashing hit! Lobster mac and cheese is rich and decadent, reserved for special occasions, like the “just because” occasion. Lobster is a high priced item along with the cheeses that are used. After you take your first bite, you know it was worth it. When you are really looking to serve a showstopper, this recipe is for you.
Lobster Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb. whole wheat penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 lb. lobster meat, cooked and rough chopped
- 4 oz Prosciutto +1T butter, sautéed to a crisp
- 15 oz 3 cheese blend, fontina, Asiago, Parmesan or 8 oz ea
- 1 1/2 c cheddar
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 1 quart of heavy cream
- 1 t black pepper
- (No salt because cheese and prosciutto are salty)
- 1 ream ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 t sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 black pepper
- 1 T fresh chopped parsley
- 2 T butter, melted
Preheat oven 350 degrees F
Combine topping ingredients and set aside
In a sauce pan add butter and flour until paste forms. Add heavy cream and bring to a light boil. Add 1/2 of cheese (except cheddar) and pepper.
Add noodles, lobster meat and prosciutto to a casserole dish. Add remaining cheese + cheddar cheese. Add in cheese sauce and mix until well combined. Top evenly with cracker topping.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.