Yields 48 —1oz. patties
24 —2oz. patties
16 —3 oz. patties
Preheat oven to 375 °F
2 lbs. Salmon filet
2 T. Butter
¼ c. Maple syrup
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Place Salmon pan, season with salt and pepper
- Cut butter into four slices and place down the middle of Salmon.
- Drizzle all over Salmon.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
While Salmon is baking, prep remaining ingredients.
1 Medium green pepper, small dice
1 Medium red pepper, small dice.
1 Shallot, small diced
1 c. Mayonnaise
2 t. Salt
1 t. Onion powder
½ t. Pepper
- After Salmon is cooled, put in a bowl and break apart with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients, thoroughly combine. Feel free to taste your mixture, all of the ingredients are cooked.
- Put mixture in refrigerator. This will allow ingredients to congeal before forming patties. This mixture can be made a day ahead of time.
- Option 1 —Line baking sheet, place patties on baking sheet, bake for 30 minutes at 350 ° Option 2 —Pan fry patties in a skillet with butter or vegetable oil.
Note: This mixture has many uses. You can use for sandwiches, put over a bed of greens, put on crackers, just to name a few.
I use option 1 cooking method when I am serving large crowds or need to free up my burners for other dishes. Also, you will not have to monitor the patties in the oven, which frees you up to work on something else.