Yields 2 —8” to 10” pie crust
3 c. flour
1 t. salt
4 oz. (1 stick) chilled butter diced into small pieces
1 ½ c. iced water
- Combine dry ingredients into a large bowl
- Add butter pieces to dry, use a pastry cutter or back of a fork to cut butter into dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the middle and add iced water.
- Use a spatula or your hands to collapse ingredients into the water.
- Use your hands to get all of the dry incorporated with water. Put in ball, flatten with palm of hand, and fold like a book. Repeat folding 4 to 5 times. This creates layers and a flaky crust.
- Remove from bowl onto a floured surface and separate into two equal parts.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Use hands to round and lightly press down to flatten. This will make it easier to roll out.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes, so dough can rest. You can make a few days ahead or even freeze for later use.